Friday, January 19, 2007

Tipping with Drugs


Contrejour, originally uploaded by Loutseu.


Dear Sundiver,

I order pizza from an this great little pizza joint that is obviously run by and for stoners. I offered a delivery driver a bong hit the other day instead of a cash tip and he enthusiastically took me up on it. We didn't offer him a cash tip, though, and later I felt a bit bad about that...but that just might be paranoia talking. Does etiquette require me to offer cash and a hit? One or the other? Should I offer all delivery drivers from this same shop this same option (assuming they seem cool and I'm holding)? Is this a really foolish policy on my part?


Answer:
While tipping delivery drivers with bong hits may seem like a generous gesture, it's probably better to stick to cash tips as you don't want to encourage people to drive while really high. Remember, it's all good fun until someone gets run over...

No comments: